Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mile High

I have posted before about my love/hate relationship with heels. I love how they look, LOVE to wear them, hate how GARGANTUAN they make me. I'm already 5'11". With the size feet that I have (size 11.... eeek!) to keep balance with all that height, those little 1" heels look like I'm just standing on a pebble in the back - they make my foot look even longer than flats do. I need some heel height to balance out my long foot and give it nice shape. But then, even with only 3" heels I'm 6'2". What's worse, my husband is the same height as me, so any inches that I add are just inches I hover over him.

Regardless, my love of heels has won. I recently bought two pairs of boots with heels between 3" and 4". And I love them. I wear my "Wang" boots by Blowfish nearly every day. I've since seen them on clearance and almost bought a second pair for when my first pair inevitably wears out.

Still, I have to draw the line somewhere. It was hard not to purchase these boots I tried on the other day. I threw them on just for a laugh, and almost found myself immediately at the register. They are rediculously tall - 6" heels with about a 2" platform. That makes me about, oh, 6'5". But they were easy to walk in, super comfy, and not nearly as hooker-ish as I thought once I put them on. I had two people comment on how cute they were right there in the store. Alas, they were a bit too much. One of those items that I would love and admire at home, but be too afraid to wear out and about. But I just had to post about them, because they were just that cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment