Saturday, March 3, 2012

Take A "Photo" Hike

This was the perfect weekend for it. A little chill - enough to enjoy being bundled up. Sparkling white snow crunching beneath my feet. Rays of sunshine peeking through the trees. *sigh* It was a perfect day for being outside.


On Sunday, I took advantage of the new snow we had gotten (one of only a couple snows this year). The hubby was out with the boys. I woke up ambitious and got a lot done around the house. Then it was my "me" time. I took photos of the birds at the feeder, then threw on my boots and headed out to the nearby state park for a hike in the woods.


It felt so good to be outside. I could have hiked all day, but by the time I got back to my car the sun was already on its way out. I even stopped on the way home to say hello to the ducks that hang out at our neighborhood boatlaunch looking for a handout from the frequenters who stopped to feed them.


It's rare that I get days to myself, and I found this one to be particularly refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment