Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Always Grilling Season

We love to grill. All year. Sunshine, rain, snow.... doesn't matter. I've ruined a grill cover or two chiping the ice away to get 'er going.

And one of our favorite things to grill is pizza. No pizza tastes as good as a grilled pizza. Especially when the combination of toppings is as perfect as what I chose last night. It was my best ever. I was worried it would be an odd combination, but my BBQ-Pepperoni-Hot Turkey Sausage-Pineapple-Tomato-Hot Pepper pizza turned out simply amazing. Sweet, tangy, spicy, smokey..... delicious. All topped off with my favorite brew from right here in the mitten.

It's too cold to bike, rollerblade, swim - all the summertime things I'm anxious to do - but when I'm at the grill with a beer in hand I'd almost think it was summer.... if we hadn't gotten inches of snow just hours after I finished. :)

4 comments:

  1. That looks good! I love grilled pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks tasty! Never had grilled Pizza before but we do have a barbeque and might be something to put on the list of things to try! Also on the list is beercan chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled pizza sounds delicious. We will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grilled pizza is super easy and delicious, and it's great because if you have people over each person can have their own different toppings. Just grill the crust until it's half cooked, then flip, put toppings on, cover for another minute and remove. Careful because they can burn pretty quick if the grill is too warm.

    Beercan chicken is great too! SO moist! I threw some extra stuff in the can for more flavor - garlic, lemon, crushed red pepper, italian seasoning. And I was afraid to go too heavy with the seasonings under the skin (same things as in can), but I don't think you can go too heavy. The flavor didn't really seep into the meat that much, so next time I'll probably use more. Super moist meat and crispy skin though. I usually won't touch the skin, but it was delicious on the beercan chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete