Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Finally Got My SLR!!

I have waited so long for this. I have done my research. I have saved my money, but each time I had enough to buy it there were more important things to take care of than having a new camera. But now, it's mine!! All mine!! Bwahhahahahahahahaaa!


I have to admit - when I first got it out of the box and started playing with the functions, I was thinking "what did I get myself into? I can't even work this thing!". But, I'm starting to get the hang of it and really enjoying the learning process. I feel as though doors have been opened for my love of photography. :)

I originally only purchased a 100mm f/2.8 lens, but having not understood which lenses do what, I immediately purchased a 50mm f/1.8 as I couldn't so much as take a photo of family in the same room with the 100mm. I thought that would settle it. But there are now three other lenses I want to get, then I'll be satisfied. Maybe. Probably not. I can see this being an expensive hobby.

Here are some of my first shots (of course, they're the best of what I've done so far).........


No comments:

Post a Comment